Facilities Assistant Intern Job Description
To minister to guests through grounds care and facilities upkeep of the property and buildings of Tall Timber. Manage daily housekeeping, including all cleaning of all main camp cabins, the lodge, cedar house and the Schulze center. Assist the Facilities Director with daily tasks and ongoing maintenance.
- A positive commitment to Christ.
- A basic understanding of the unique ministry of Christian Camping.
- An agreement with the policies of Tall Timber.
- An agreement with the Philosophy of Christian Camping of Tall Timber.
- Possesses helping skills including listening, sharing, paraphrasing, responsiveness, and humor.
- Is an effective role model of a Christian life.
- Has enough physical stamina to participate in camp activities, and an enthusiastic attitude.
- The willingness to work within the lines of authority and be evaluated by the Facilities
- Director on the basis of direct performance.
- A commitment to the health and safety of all guests and staff.
- A commitment to building and maintaining staff unity.
- An openness to learn in all areas and receive feedback.
- A willingness to live and work within the unique context of the Tall Timber setting.
To the Facilities Director
Each intern will receive a salary of $750 per month. They will receive free housing and utilities. Meals are provided when guests are being served. Each intern can also raise up to $250 a month in additional support from personal donors, which will be added to their monthly salary. Checks can be mailed to the Tall Timber office with a memo line “internship donation.”
Assist with the upkeep of the facilities of Tall Timber
- Clean the buildings in camp, including main camp cabins, the Cedar House, and the Schulze Center daily when in use.
- Keep an inventory of cleaning supplies and paper products
- Assist with lawn care, including mowing, trimming, weed whacking, and landscaping
- Assist with lawn watering, including irrigation repairs, and sprinkler moving
- Work at other operational tasks as assigned by the Facilities Director
Build and maintain staff unity
- Attend and help lead staff training events.
- Attend all weekly staff meetings and weekly Program team meetings.
- Participate in staff Bible study, staff dinners, and devotional times.
- Communicate clearly and effectively with counseling staff through Senior counselors.
Abide by Tall Timber policies
- Follow all policies found in the Tall Timber Staff Manual.
- Maintain living quarters neatly, at least weekly.
- Follow all the terms which are agreed to in the Employment Contract.