Assistant Program Director Intern
To minister directly to campers and guests by assisting the Program Directing with planning administrating, and executing program and recreational activities. The Assistant Program Director will host groups, run the camp store, and help lead the program staff for summer camps.
- A positive commitment to Christ.
- A basic understanding of the unique ministry of Christian Camping.
- An agreement with the policies of Tall Timber.
- An agreement with the Philosophy of Christian Camping of Tall Timber.
- A basic knowledge of and some level of experience with outdoor adventure activities including ropes courses, canoeing, rock climbing, and hiking.
- Possesses helping skills including listening, sharing, paraphrasing, responsiveness, and humor.
- Is an effective role model of a Christian life.
- Has enough physical stamina to participate in camp activities, and an enthusiastic attitude.
- The willingness to work within the lines of authority and be evaluated by the Program
- Director on the basis of direct performance.
- A commitment to the health and safety of all guests and staff.
- A commitment to building and maintaining staff unity.
- An openness to learn in all areas and receive feedback.
- A willingness to live and work within the unique context of the Tall Timber setting.
To the Program Director
Each intern will receive a salary of $750 per month. They will receive free housing and utilities. Meals are provided when guests are being served. Each intern can also raise up to $250 a month in additional support from personal donors, which will be added to their monthly salary. Checks can be mailed to the Tall Timber office with a memo line “internship donation.”
- Assist with hosting and leading recreation for guest groups and outdoor education
- Host guest groups with the Program Director
- Lead recreational activities for guest groups and schools
- Maintain program equipment
- Organize program materials
- Run the camp store
- Assist other departments when needs arise
Assist with the planning and implementation of summer camp
- Plan and carry out daily morning activity.
- Replace all program materials after their use daily.
- Lead and coordinate evening programs.
- Plan and lead mixers once a week with assistance from other program staff
- Plan for safety and injury prevention with safe activities
- Coordinated and carried out any other tasks as assigned by the Program Director.
- Report and evaluate all program activities as outlined by the Program Director.
- Build campfires for evening programs as needed.
- Be responsible for upkeep and care of program equipment.
- Participate in daily staff meetings with the program staff
- Assure that all materials are ready for planned events including evening programs, skits, initiatives, afternoon recreation, etc.
- Organize hikes and transportation as planned by the Program Director
- Supervise the setup and running of camp-wide games and special theme events.
- Attend the evening counselor meetings and communicated program details.
- Make program related announcements at summer youth camps as directed.
Build and maintain staff unity
- Attend and help lead staff training events.
- Attend all weekly staff meetings and weekly Program team meetings.
- Participate in staff Bible study, staff dinners, and devotional times.
- Communicate clearly and effectively with counseling staff through Senior counselors.
Abide by Tall Timber policies
- Follow all policies found in the Tall Timber Staff Manual.
- Maintain living quarters neatly, at least weekly.
- Follow all the terms which are agreed to in the Employment Contract.