"I made some really great new friends. Had some great life experiences. I pushed myself physically, mentally, socially, and spiritually because I felt safe to do so!"
For over 25 years, part of the mission of Tall Timber has been to help prepare people for local and worldwide service. Our Service Expeditions are a natural outgrowth of that purpose, and we are committed to the belief that a heart for service begins with an awareness of the needs around us.
Through our Service Expedition program, we help you design a unique mission experience for your group, combining meaningful local service projects with our renowned team building and adventure activities. Spend a few days growing as a team through serving, then learn more about yourselves and the world we live in through the awesome powers of fellowship through adventure. Our staff will handle all of the details: food, lodging, logistics, coordination, evening activities, and anything else you need. We've got the details covered, we just need you.
Each Service Expedition begins Sunday afternoon and finishes Friday morning with a group debrief after breakfast. While you’re here, Tall Timber will facilitate the training and activities that you need, as well as partner with you to reach your team-building, adventure, and service goals.
Sunday: Orientation, team building activities, evening program (ropes course, campfire at the beach, etc.)
Monday- Training Day! This includes team-building, in-depth look at the service your group will be doing, speakers from the area to help speak on the need, and evening programing
Tuesday: Regional mission projects (off site), evening program
Wednesday: Continued Service projects OR Adventure day
Thursday: Adventure Day
Friday: Breakfast, closing debrief of the week
Want more adventure or service days? Just let us know, and we will work with you to custom design an event to fit your group's needs and goals.
Tall Timber can lead your group on a variety of expedition-style activities for no charge:
// On Site Options
- High ropes activities
- Low ropes initiatives and team building
- Rock wall
- 900’ zipline
- Giant swing
- BMX bikes & course
// Off Site Options
- Rock climbing
- Canoeing Lake Wenatchee
- Beach time at Lake Wenatchee
Local vendors: For an additional fee we can coordinate activities with several local outfits:
- Horseback riding
- Whitewater rafting
- Mountain biking
- Miniature golfing
// Expedition Partners
Tall Timber partners with numerous organizations and agencies throughout our region who work with children, adults, the disabled, elderly, and the natural environment. Some organizations we have connections with include:
- The Monitor Migrant Camp
- Leavenworth MEND
- Lighthouse Christian Ministries
- Union Gospel Mission in Seattle
Reach out to: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about our partners.
July 29-August 3
Cost for a Service Expedition is $349 each. Six people minimum.
- If booked before April 1st, receive a free optional Team-Building seminar for your team at your desired location (usually at your church, lead by our trained staff during the month of April or the beginning of May
- 14 meals (Dinner Sunday through breakfast Friday)
- Lodging or lodging arrangements (may be at Tall Timber or tent camping)
- Service project arrangements & coordination
- On-site recreation options
- Some off-site recreation options
- Insurance (Tall Timber is a secondary provider)
It does not include:
- Transportation to and from Tall Timber to your project locations.
- Spending money (for personal items or snacks)
- Any meals purchased off-site (but sack lunches provided!)
- Adventure Options not led by Tall Timber (see local vendors note below)
Interested in more information or want to book dates to bring your group for a service expedition?
Contact our Program Director, Kelsey Ingham, to get started.